Parenthood is a true blessing. Yet, it has never been easy, and there is even additional stress that comes with raising children these days.
Apart from the satisfaction that we get by knowing that we shape future generations and influence our kids’ in various ways, we also face numerous challenges in the process of raising our children.
The most important, and challenging, thing in it all is the responsibility to guide and help our children grow into kind, honest, wise, self-confident, independent, and well-adjusted adults.
How we treat and teach our children will eventually reflect on the world we live in.
“THE BEHAVIORS TOWARD OUR KIDS ARE THE SEEDS WE PLANT FOR A BETTER WORLD.”
Being a positive role model demands extreme self-control, efforts, and fore-thought, as our children are constantly watching us.
Therefore, it is crucial to be very intentional about what behaviors we model for our kids.
We might be inconsistent at times, but we should reduce the negative effects of it. Parents are no saints, but understanding the power of parenthood can dramatically improve the society we live in.
So, here are how we should all behave towards our children, to ensure our future is in safe hands:
- Always apologize to your kids when you are wrong
- Thank your children for doing something for you or others
- Never ignore your children, but listen to them carefully
- Be the example they should follow
- Set boundaries for acceptable behavior
- Show them that you enjoy watching and nurturing them
- Show them and teach them of the importance of kindness, love, and compassion
- Admit your mistakes in front of them
- Don’t assume you are smarter than them just because you are older
- Explain that all their actions will have consequences, good or bad
Time flies, so enjoy every single moment spent in the company of your children, as those times are the most important in every person’s life.