Strawberries are commonly grown in home gardens because they give fruits quickly, and require just a small growing area. You can also grow them in containers.
So here is how to plant strawberries in strawberry pot.
What you need:
- 1 pot
- Potting mix
- Strawberry plant
- Always buy organic strawberry plant from a local source.
- Place it in water for about an hour before you plant it.
- Use potting container with drainage holes.
- Fill the pot with soil and put in your strawberry plant. Fill it around with soil.
- Do not add soil when you get about 2 inches below the rim.
- Make sure the roots point down the soil and that the soil level is right at the collar of your plant, where the green starts.
- Water the strawberry plant.
- Place the pot in an area that is exposed to sun at least six hours a day.
Never overwater the plant. Check it daily to notice any changes in the growing. Stick the finger in the pot to make sure it gets 1-2 inches of water.
Container strawberry growing tips:
Strawberries are the first fruit to ripen in spring.
Place your container in an area that gets enough sun and turn it 180 degrees twice a week, so the plant can get sun evenly. The soil should be moist, not wet.
Water it in the morning or during the day. Never in the evening, to prevent any possible disease.
When should you pick your strawberries?
Harvest the strawberries when they are fully ripen.