The lower abdominal muscles are very important as to how your overall abs will appear. In today’s article, we present to you the best exercises that will help to strengthen your muscles so that you can tone your stomach.
The abs are divided into three sections, the upper, middle, and lower sets of muscles. To properly shape your abs you need to work on all of the abs muscles.
LOWER AB WORKOUT ROUTINE
1. AB CRUNCH
- First, lie down on your back. Plant your feet on the floor, hip-width apart. Bend your knees and place your arms across your chest. Contract your abs and inhale.
- Exhale and lift your upper body, keeping your neck and head relaxed.
- Inhale and return to the starting position.
Repeat this exercise for 20 of 3 sets.
2. LEG RAISE
- After you master the normal leg raises you can move to the next level of this exercise.
- Start in the same position as the last exercise. But this time when you move your legs you should also try to sit up. This is similar to abdominal crunches which makes it a very good abdominal workout.
- This feels strange at first, but when you practice then it should be quite good fun. This can be a good addition to any abdominal exercise regime.
Do 3 sets of 15 repeats.
- This exercise is excellent for sculping the entire torso.
- Lie on your back with your hands behind and on the sides of your head. Raise your head slightly and extend your legs.
- Tighten your abdomen and bend your left knee, bringing lightly the right elbow toward the knee. Return to the initial position, bending the right knee and bringing the left elbow to it.
Perform 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
4. PELVIC LIFT
- Thanks to this exercise, you can work not only on the lower part of the abdominal area, but also on the gluts and, to a lesser extent, on the obliques.
- Lie on your back on a mat. Bend your knees and extend your arms.
- Tighten your tummy and your buttocks to raise your hips up to form a straight line from your knees to your shoulders.
- Keep the posture for a few seconds, and slowly return to the initial position.
Practice 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
5. MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS
- First, start with your body in a straight line and your hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your toes touching the floor. then you need to bring one knee up toward the center of your stomach and then quickly alternate between legs.
- You need to continue alternating until the set is complete.
Perform 3 sets of 20 repetitions.
6. LEG EXTENSIONS
- This exercise is great because it works the whole rectus abdominis. It has a massive impact on the lower abdominal muscles and also it affects the obliques and flexors in the hip.
- Lie on your back on a mat. Bend your hips, leaving your thighs perpendicular to the trunk, and your knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Pull in your abdomen and extend your legs slowly, and this way you move your feet away from the body.
- Return carefully to the initial position, by bending your knees and bringing your feet close again on the trunk.
Perform 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
7. ABDOMINAL PLANK
- With this exercise, you gain strength and durability and is considered one of the best exercises.
- Lie face down with forearms and toes on the floor. Squeeze your abdomen to stabilize your body and keep your torso in line.
- It is important that you do not lift or drop your hips so that the exercise does not lose efficiency.
Hold this posture during at least 30 seconds of 3 sets.