There is no better time to start thinking about getting in shape than at the beginning of the new beach and relaxation season, right? We’ve all made promises to ourselves, and it’s about time we tried to be true to our word. From Knowing Health we want to help you with the choice of exercises that will help you get rid of excess weight quickly. But don’t forget that you should always combine this with a healthy diet!
1. Plank (exercise for the abdominals)
- Raise your body on your hands and knees, and then straighten your legs until you’re supporting your weight on the tips of your fingers and elbows (see image).
- Stretch your abdominal muscles and pull your legs up a few inches, one at a time.
- Repeat for a full minute. Without bending, and keeping your back straight.
2. 30-60-90 (for abductors and legs)
- Lie on your back with your hands under your head and your legs together.
- Pull your legs up to a 30-degree angle without bending them. Tense your abdominal muscles, but don’t bend at the waist. Take three deep breaths while in that position.
- Increase the angle to 60 degrees. Stay like this, take three more deep breaths, and then increase the angle back to 90 degrees. Hold this position.
- Repeat the same procedure in reverse.
3. Cobra position (for the buttocks and the back)
- Lie on your stomach with your feet together, bend your arms at the elbows and prop yourself up on your hands at a right angle.
- Breathing in, carefully bend at the waist and pull your torso up while keeping your head slightly elevated. Stay in this position for 30 seconds, then lower your body as you exhale.
4. Grasshopper (for buttocks and hips)
- Lie on your stomach with your chin on the floor. Place your arms by your sides and place your palms flat on the floor. Extend your legs and feet as far as you can.
- Breathing in, slowly raise your legs one at a time, and then lower them back down as you exhale.
5. Chandelier (for your abdomen)
- Lie on your back with your legs bent at the knees and pressing your chest.
- Slowly stretch your legs up, while supporting your lower back on your arms. Hold this position for 30-60 seconds.
If you found this article interesting, please SHARE it with your friends and leave us a comment. Thank you!