To get back in shape, refine your figure or preserve your health, many of us wage a frenzied fight against the small bulges that accumulate around our stomachs.
Quite embarrassing on a daily basis, these folds can get in our way when it comes to getting back in shape. But this problem is far from hopeless.
With motivation, a balanced diet and the 5 exercises we offer, your flat stomach goals will finally be within reach.
To prepare your body, warm up for a few minutes before performing the following exercises. At the end of the day, remember to stretch all of your muscles to protect the muscle fibers and prevent cramps and muscle soreness.
Here is a list of home exercises to slim your figure, starting with your stomach:
1. Folded position:
- Stand on your side, bend your right arm and put it under your head.
- Put your other arm in front of you.
- Bend your knees slightly, keeping your feet glued to each other.
- Firmly squeeze your glutes, lift your left knee and then lower it.
- Keep your pelvis and neck in the same position.
- Do a series of 15 to 20 repetitions for each leg.
Result: The oblique abdominal muscles are targeted
2. Side stretch:
- Lie sideways on the floor and support yourself on your right arm bent and resting on the ground.
- Bend your left arm and place your hand at your left hip.
- Lift your pelvis and come back down to the ground keeping your balance and a straight back.
- Perform 12 to 15 repetitions on each side.
Result: You build your abs and obliques
- As in the previous exercise, lie down on the floor and support yourself on your right arm bent in a side plank position.
- Raise your left arm by extending it upwards, then bring it back to the arm on the floor by rotating the pelvis.
- Do a series of 12 on each side.
Result: You work the obliques and the abdominal belt
4. Glutes sheathing:
- On a mat, get on all fours, keeping your palms and knees on the floor.
- On your tiptoes, get into a plank position keeping your back straight.
- Bend your knees, bringing them inward, making sure your bust and pelvis remain in the same position.
- Perform a series of 15 to 20 repetitions.
Result: You work the abs and glutes
5. Forward / backward swing:
- Sitting on the floor, bend your knees and put your hands under.
- Your spine should be slightly curved.
- Rock back and forth, and rolling down your spine to the shoulder blades.
- Return to your position and repeat a series of 10 to 15 movements.
Result: You strengthen your spine while working the abs and back muscles
Some additional tips for having a flat stomach:
Finally, in addition to the targeted exercises, find a healthy rhythm of life with a balanced diet. Here are some tips to help you get a flatter stomach:
- Get enough sleep.
- Reduce stress.
- Do not force yourself to avoid hurting yourself.
- Avoid foods high in bad fats and sugars.
- Favor healthy snacks (almonds, walnuts, etc.).
- To drink a lot of water.
- Favor good fats (nuts, olive oil, avocado, fish, etc.).
- Prefer natural juices, fruits and vegetables.
- Eat soups and soups.
- Practice a regular sporting activity (walking, running, etc.).
With willpower and a healthier lifestyle, these sets of exercises will strengthen your core, reshape your muscles, lose your love handles, and strengthen your abs.